Wednesday 9 January 2013

Shane English School Wuhan: The Kids

It was my last day of work today! Taught my final class and now it's all over.

This is just a little post about my kids :-) and some photos we took in class.

I know you're not supposed to have a favourite...  but I do. Little Candy. She's the cutest little 5 year old ever, and she's also the sweetest little thing. Just LOVE her.

Candy - she likes to run across the room and hug me during class. LOL
Raisin (4) and Sarah (5) - Definitely two of my faves.  Sarah is our landlord's daughter and spends a lot of time in Singapore, so she is basically a native English speaker.

Crystal (5) and Sweety (5). Crystal is the class giggler and finds EVERYTHING hysterical. Sweety is definitely the shyest student of them all and barely speaks... but she has improved and can now say hello and her name if you ask her quietly.

Jojo and Yoyo. (Yoyo's name is actually Crystal, but she insists on being called Yoyo (she's 4). She's a cutie.

Jason (3) and Lily (3) - Jason just comes to class to play with the ball. Lily is like a sponge and repeats everything you say. I've taught her to say "My name is Lily. I'm cute" LOL. It's really funny.

Lily and Alice (3)

The CP class. They are the teeny babies (Jason, Lily, Alice, Yoyo and Angel). Most of them are 3 and don't know their own names. It's one of the more difficult classes to teach because they don't understand anything. But they are very sweet little ones.

Alice (barely 3). She's the youngest of the class and has just turned 3. She insists on trying to sit on my lap whilst I'm teaching. Personally, I think she's too young to be coming to class.. but whatever.

Yoyo and Angel (3). I've only just been able to get Angel to say her name. She's also just turned 3 and very young for the class. She has no idea what's going on most of the time...but she likes colours so at least that's something.

Yoyo and Angel - Yoyo is also one of my favourites. She's a clever little thing and oh so cute.

Sarah and Jerry (5)

Candy and Carol (5) - Carol is the resident chatterbox. Her favourite colour is pink.

Linda (5) and Angel (5) Linda is the class clown and never sits still. Angel is very quiet and shy, but she's the brains of the class.

Linda in a game of Twister

Carol

Ariel (5) - The pretty one. Pity you can't see it in this photo, but she looks like a doll. She's adorable.

Angel (5)

Candy

Cherry (3) and Sunny (3) Also in one of the CP classes. Sunny is such a tomb-boy, but oh so clumsy. She trips over her own feet whilst standing still. Cherry is also one of my favourites. She started out being quite a sulky little one, but as the months have progressed she's become a little bundle of joy and now loves class.

The CK class - Angel, Ariel, (the doll), Linda and Carol

Raisin and Rainbow

Teddy (7) and Yige (6) - part of my older CL class. Teddy is the complete package. Smart, funny and active. When we play games etc, Teddy is usually the winner. Yige on the other hand... is probably the smartest of the class, if she can keep her head out of the clouds for long enough. She doesn't have a competitive bone in her body and doesn't care at all whether she wins or loses the games. Which is really frustrating because she's better than all the other kids, but doesn't care. 

Cherry and Sunny

Lily

Gogo (6) also in the CL class. He's the class giggler.

Tony (8) - he is also the boss's kid. And yes... he is also the most arrogant kid in class. But what can you do...
My Boys - Tong Tong (6), Jimmy (5), Abel (5) and Leo (5). Tong Tong is probably the WORST student EVER.  Jimmy is Mr Smart-Ass. He is also in Liesl's class, so he thinks it's hysterical to call me Teacher Liesl when all the other kids call me Justine. He's a cutie. Abel is one of the best students ever. He takes learning very seriously and tries the hardest. He'll be president one day (assuming Chinese people ever get to vote). Leo is definitely one of my most favourite students. He's Mr Personality. He just loves class and has fun no matter what he's doing. He also likes to try and tell me stories (in Chinese) and always wants me to comment on his scratches and scrapes and kiss them better. LOL.  He also runs past my classroom door sporadically throughout the day, yelling my name as he runs past. I love this class because the boys are awesome (except for Tong Tong)

Jimmy, Abel and Leo

Sweety, Crystal and Oscar (5). Oscar used to cry when we came to class because he didn't want to leave his gran. Now he's the first one to run into class and wait for me.

Crystal, Oscar and Sweety

Crystal

Little Raisin. Probably the cutest little girl EVER. She's 4 years old and the youngest in the class because her English is too good for classes of her own age group.
The school has hired a new teacher, Lucas, to take my place. He's from the States, and has previously lived in Wuhan for 4 years (he left for a year to study and came back a couple of months ago). The kids all seem to like him, so I'm sure I've left them in good hands.


Lucas in a stylish hat-scarf-glove ensemble

And that's it. It's all over.

We leave Wuhan on the 18th of Jan... and can't wait to see what 2013 has in store for us!





xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment